Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Toddler Time

I have come to realization recently that Emma is a full blown toddler. She is in to everything, has learned to hit and scream, and has mastered the art of the temper tantrum. This brings forth new challenges. Looking back baby Emma was easy. She was either hungry, tired, or had a dirty diaper- very predictable. Now I spend my days trying to translate her gibberish and frustrations. She has an exceptional vocabulary so I can usually tell when she wants up, or wants food or love. She has turned to screaming and flailing her arms when she doesn't get what she wants. I am realizing now that she is trying to express herself to us but can't. I would be frustrated too! So discipline is our newest challenge. We are trying to find methods appropriate for her age. We don't want to be but ogres we definitely don't want to be pushovers either.

On the other hand, she is still a happy, sweet and loving child. She showers us (and her dolls) with hugs and kisses. When I say "I love you" she hugs my leg and kisses me. She understands that and we love it! She is cuddly for a toddler. She will stay in an embrace for minutes. Such a nice feeling after a long day at work.

She also loves to imitate me- she will mimic me fixing my hair which is adorable considering she has very little! She adorably imitates me talking on the phone too- I didn't realize I looked like that on the phone!

All and all, she is always a joy and we love her to pieces.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Laurie, Rob & Emma

No comments: