Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happenings in Emma's world

I feel like I have not gotten to say much about Emma lately as I am so consumed with our newest arrival.

Every one's first question for me- "How is she with the baby?"
She is wonderful with him. She is not grabby and gives him the space he needs to rest and eat. Sometimes she even gives him a bottle! She asks to hold Liam occasionally but not often. She always gives him a kiss on his forehead and tells him that she loves him before she goes to bed. She loves him, plain and simple.

Em is fantastic at getting Liam to laugh and smile and is quick to soothe him when he is in distress. So she is helpful but she doesn't over do it.

Emma is doing wonderfully at Pre-school. In fact I just enrolled her in Pre-K *tears*! She has many friends in her class and can't wait to see them everyday. It looks like they will all be in Pre-K together as well. A few of her buds may also end up at her elementary school too! It is hard to believe we are talking about kindergarten here! I swear I just had her.

Emma's understanding of letters and what they mean and where they go is astounding. She can count past 20 now too! She always says things like "L is for Liam", or "D is for Dad". She can write her name and she can write "mama" on her own as well. Her teacher is very pleased with her vocabulary too. She is a bright girl and we are so proud.

Now, not everything is peaches and cream here...Emma has a tendency to get WAY too excited in school (especially during transition) that she can be loud and get the others going. Her teacher says that her being a leader of sorts doesn't help the situation so we are working in that. As any soon to be 4 year old, what Emma wants, Emma must have. We stay firm and she is learning quickly that I will leave a cart in the store and go home ;)

So those are a few updates on Emma. I could go on forever but two hungry kids who eat two different foods calls!

No comments: