Thursday, April 16, 2009

A low key Easter

This year we decided to take it easy for Easter. We spend so many of our holidays in the car traveling that we needed to keep it low key, and stress free this time around. Easter started the weekend before when my Aunt Linda & Uncle Bob came by with a treat from the Easter Bunny. I didn't have my camera as I left it at a friend's house so unfortunately I don't have any pics from that visit. We did enjoy our visit with them very much.

On Good Friday my dad, Emma's Papa, and his girlfriend Nancy came to visit and of course they came bearing gifts. I think Emma was overwhelmed by it all. She had a basket from Papa and Nancy and her uncles. She even enjoyed an Easter egg hunt around the house. The funny thing about that was that as Emma was collecting eggs she would get easily distracted by a toy or something in her toy box and forget about the hunt. I think she will get the idea next year.





After two fun days with Papa and Nancy it was time for the Easter Bunny to come. Again, since she is still young, Emma didn't quite get what was going on but she enjoyed the treats anyway!





We spend the day of Easter enjoying ourselves at home. Rob made a delicious breakfast (which Emma did not want to attend as she was busy snacking on her favorite candy, chocolate covered raisins). Later in the afternoon we went to Rob's parents house for some desert and to visit with Emma's great-grandparents. I dropped the ball on taking pictures and sadly I have none, which I wish I did because Emma looked adorable in her little pink dress.

All in all we had a nice Easter (outside major teething action). Hope you all had a great one too!

Laurie, Rob & Emma

No comments: