Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer winding down...

As summer is winding down we have stayed close to home, staying still as a means of getting through the oppressive heat. Emma is still growing like a weed. She is getting taller and slimmer by the day. She climbs the stairs like a champ and now can come down without help (not that I allow that yet). The heat has certainly had an effect on her. She eats less and sleeps more. She prefers to sit and read rather than run about all day. The doctor assures me this is normal and just to keep her hydrated. So we do! Emma now completes full sentences and is quite verbal with us about her needs. She said to me yesterday morning when she woke up, "Mamma, where Pop Pop?", I told her he was at work. She said "hmmmm" (thats a new one by the way) she then proceeded to ask, "Where's Dahhh?" and again I told her he was at work. She looked at me, threw her arms up and said, "Everybody at work today!". We did head up to the beach house in Kennebunkport, Maine this past weekend. Em, as always, loved the beach but could go without the after beach hose off. What a sound. The neighbors must have thought we were killing her! We lucked out by going up on the weekend of the Kennebunkport River Race where they race rubber ducks down the river. I bought a pink one for Em. The race was set to start around 5 pm as the tide went out but unfortunately Emma napped until 4:30 and we missed the race. I am guessing by my lack of a phone call I did not win...oh well! We also had the chance to see some amazing surf resulting from Hurricane Bill passing off the coast. I kept Emma away from the beach during that but got some great shots. One one of the cooler days this week we took a stroll to the library where Emma brought her bag to fill with books (even though she has more books at home).

No comments: