Saturday Night Rob, my dad, his girlfriend Nancy, and I saw Neil at Fenway! What can be better than the legendary Neil Diamond at the best ball park in the country (in my opinion of course)!? Neil came on at about 8pm and played for 2 solid hours! Pretty amazing for someone who is 67 years old- side note- Neil and I share birthdays, January 24th (37 years apart). At one point during the concert when I was swooning over Neil my father reminded me that Neil conceivably could be my grandfather! Thanks for the reminder Dad, but Neil still looks amazing!!! Knowing how much "Sweet Caroline" means to Red Sox fans, Neil not only opened with it but played it again midway through the show. After his second rendition of Sweet Caroline the crowd was going wild and all of a sudden Neil says, "Are we gonna do this again?" and he went on to do another chorus! AWESOME! Neil didn't disappoint in playing some great old favorites and his new stuff was good too. Overall it was a great night! Oh and to my fellow Diamond Girl, Christine, jealous? Rob and I thought about calling you all night!!

In other news, my beloved pet, Scat, is moving to Connecticut with my dad. I have had Scat since college and she is a great pet but we have gotten to a point with the baby where Scat and Emma can't live in the same house. Scat does not go after Emma, actually it is quite the opposite. Emma hunts the cat who just wants to sleep or sun herself. Scat is very tolerant but eventually will swat at the baby and has scratched her several times over the last week. No-kill shelters are full so that was not an option so I was going to try posting an ad on Craig's List but my dad volunteered to give her a good home where she will be loved and well cared for. Plus I will get to see her from time to time. Thanks Dad! Scat will be moving next weekend and Emma and I will miss her tons- Rob won't!
Have a great week!
L,R,E & Scat for the last time :(
No comments:
Post a Comment