Happy Summer!
It is hard to believe that summer is here! Time goes by fast with a little one in the house. It hard to imagine that this time last year Emma was still inside me and I couldn't wait to have her out- not because I was so uncomfortable because the end of my pregnancy was bliss compared to the first few months but because I was just couldn't wait to meet her. Today our baby is looking more and more like a little girl. She is full of personality and spunk- truly an original! She is delighted by everything new and exciting. I can't tell you how many times Rob and I sit and watch her play, we are in amazement of how everything is so new and exciting for her!
Speaking of new and exciting- our Emma is on the move. I was wondering if her curiosity would ever take her beyond her mat in the living room but finally she decided the rest of the house was worth exploring. She crawls all over- her favorite mode is to pull herself around with her legs flat, trailing behind her. Her favorite thing to do now is to hunt the kitty. Poor Scat! Emma squeals in utter delight when she finds the kitty. Scat is awfully patient and lets her get to her then Scat gets up, moves and Emma follows. A regular game of cat and mouse!
I will admit that this have been a tough week for Emma. She has been trying to adjust to her new daycare schedule which leaves her exhausted at the end of the day. She just doesn't nap well at daycare and we are hoping that will improve this week. By the end of her day she is cranky and tired. To top it all off she is teething now. I am not surprised that since she is late with teeth that when they came it would be all at once. Although still not a tooth in sight (maybe one little bud) her gums are swollen and she is constantly looking for something to bite on. She is certainly in pain at times and we do our best to ease it. She sure is a trooper though- handling a new schedule, teething and all the bumps and bruises that come along with being a new crawler- she is ever the happy girl we know and love.
We hope you all have a safe and fun 4th of July!
Laurie, Rob and Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment