Emma is on the move and there is no stopping her! She is really enjoying her new found freedom in crawling. She still doesn't go too far beyond the living room but last night she realized she could follow me where ever I went and that was the end of that! Her new mobility coupled with some major separation anxiety means she is literally attached to me at all times. I know that separation anxiety is very normal for this age so I am not terribly worried about it. She makes quite a fuss when I drop her off at daycare and spends most of the evening crying if I leave the room- I must say I am flattered by her affection for me! It just kills me when she makes that pouty face and starts crying because she thinks I am leaving. I decided the best course of action is to keep to our normal routines and continue to do what I need to do. I want her to know I will always come back. She really is sweet about it. She hugs me and rubs my arm or back with affection- she is super cuddly these days!
Emma is also a master of imitation! She thinks Rob is beyond hysterical! She laughs so much- such a beautiful sound! She mimics all of Rob's silly moves. When I ask her, "Where's the baby?" she will put her hands on her head. She now shakes her head to indicate "no" although I am not completely sure she knows what "no" means. She certainly hears the word enough.
We can't believe we are one week away from Emma's first birthday! We almost survived our first year of parenthood. We know there are many new challenges ahead but this time last year I couldn't imagine getting to this point. Back then it was one day at a time!
In other news, we got the proofs from Emma's first birthday pictures. A friend of ours, Mark, did a beautiful job as he always does. He manages to capture Emma's personality even on a day when she wasn't into showing off for the camera. To view them go to www.reallifearts.com and then to the "Proof and Purchase" tab. The password is: one. Enjoy!
Have a great week!
Laurie, Rob and Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment