Thursday, July 17, 2008

She's one!


It's official, Emma is one year old! We can't believe how time has passed. Emma had a great birthday! She spent the morning and a small part of the afternoon in daycare where she always has such a fun time. We were sad yesterday was her last day because she is so well adjusted and loves her teachers- they know her so well and that is comforting when you have to be away from your child. We will be sure to enroll her in there again when needed!

Last night after her nap, Emma's Nana and Grandpa Anderson came by with cake and presents. Em even got a phone call from Grandpa Kolodziej in Connecticut and Auntie Kathie- not to mention enough birthday cards in the mail that the mail man must of had a back ache!

Em's Nana made a teddy bear cake- just like the one's she made for her kids when they were babies...the tradition lives on! Em absolutely loved the cake- which didn't surprise us at all. She got some fun gifts from us and her Nana and Grandpa. In fact she loves playing with her new toys so much she had absolutely no interest in breakfast this morning. How unlike her! We all know how she feels about food!

Today Rob turns 30! Em and I are trying to put together a special dinner for Daddy so we see how that goes! Chances are I will be cooking via a phone call to the local Chinese restaurant! I try- I really do!!!! I am sure Rob will be happy for a warm meal and a cold beer! Do I know my husband or what?!

Enjoy the rest of your week! Em and I plan to get back to our normal schedule of playgroups, walks and trips to the playground...fun!


No comments: